Thursday, February 21, 2013

Serving Others

Have I Done any Good in the World Today?

I am an Activity Day's leader in my ward and we (my companion, the girls and I) thought for one of our "Serving Others" activities, we would do a scavenger hunt.  Really this activity could be modified to the Young Women or Young Men, or even your Family Home Evenings (FHE). 

There are a lot of ideas out there that consist of splitting up into groups and going house to house finding service projects to do, and maybe even racing to see who could accomplish more faster- but we don't have that kind of time or didn't want to rush this activity- so when I found this idea online here at a cute site called Emily's LDS Activity Day ideas.  I thought it would really work well for us.


I modified it a little for my group but the scriptures are the same- I just thought this was really great- so I left it the same.
Here is my copy.

We started with a prayer of course and sang 

Here is a link to a youtube video of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing this song-

Then we showed a Mormon Message on Service:
President Thomas S. Monson shares inspired encouragement to give service and help to those who are in need.  (2:28)

I really like to use the videos, and the links during our activities, but unfortunately I cannot open up my blog and directly link to all the places I have found from my tablet- HOWEVER... I have found a way that really works for me.  I downloaded an App called "Free Video Downloader Plus Plus" (just as a note- it was free when I started using it- it was opened or "updated" November of 2012, and 5 star with over 32,000 reviews- but it will really depend on when you see it, and check it out if there is something better out there- or if it is still around when you are reading this blog.  For me I simply open the app, type in the URL and download- it is the best and most dependable app I have found.  I have been able to view all of the Scripture videos, Matt and Mandy Videos,  ASL videos, and music off the churches website with ease- when otherwise I am not able to because of one reason or another.